Real Estate News and information for Clearwater Beach, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Madeira Beach and Gulf Beaches of Tampa Bay. Blog by Kohan & Associates.
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Cruisin' with the Cross-Bay Ferry
Ahoy, mateys! In the next month or so, residents and visitors will have a new on-the-water opportunity. Plans were released this week for a cruise between the downtowns of St.Petersburg and Tampa aboard a 98 foot, 149 passenger catamaran. Commuters and day trippers can sail across Tampa Bay at 33 mph on the Cross-Bay Ferry. This new service elevates our status among the best communities on the water in the country. The ferry will connect Beach Drive in St.Petersburg to the Riverwalk in downtown Tampa along with all the shops, restaurants, museums and hotels these two destinations offer.
As a collaborative effort between the cities, each will put in $350,000 to kick start the six month pilot program. The vessel, called the Provincetown IV will arrive in late October. The public will have several days to ride for free during Thanksgiving week. The regular fare will be $10 for adults one way and $8 for kids 3-12. Commuters will be eligible for reduced pricing. The trip is expected to take 50 minutes. Food and beverage service, bike racks, indoor and outdoor seating and spectacular views are planned.
For additional info, check out CrossBayFerry.com or www.Suncoasthome.com.
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Ten Reasons to List with a Realtor
Save yourself time and hassle by listing your home with a licensed Florida Realtor. Below are the top 10 Reasons why:
1. Price: Homeowners who sell their homes on their own typically generate $46,000 less than homeowners who work with a Realtor.*
2. Access to Buyers: Through the Multiple Listing Service, professional contacts and their own database of prospects, Realtors can help you reach the widest range of customers.
3. Marketing Expertise: Realtors know the best ways to advertise to attract buyers, plus they can use the marketing muscle of their brokerage to promote your home.
4. Time: Realtors have the time and expertise to handle open houses, showings, inspections and the dozens of other tasks that would take you away from your work and regular routine.
5. Sales Skills: Realtors can evaluate your home and suggest improvements to get you the maximum value, and they're skilled at handling showings to generate a positive response.
6. Experience Handling Paperwork: Buying or selling a home involves reams of paperwork that can be hard to understand. Realtors thrive in this world.
7. Negotiation Skills: With years of bargaining experience and expert understanding of the market, Realtors can help you close the deal at the price and terms you want.
8. Knowledge of Neighborhoods: Realtors know local communities cold and can help you find a replacement home in the nicest neighborhood and with the best schools. For example, www.jungleneighborhood.com
9. Knowledge of Service Providers: Realtors can refer you to their network of top-quality lenders, lawyers, inspectors and repair people to make sure you get the best result in every stage of your deal.
10. Advice after Closing: An experienced Realtor will continue to support you as questions pop up after the deal is done.
* The typical FSBO home sold for $184,000 compared to $230,000 for agent-assisted home sales, according to NAR 2014 Profile of Home buyers and sellers.
Info from: FloridaRealtors.org/FlRealtorMagazine
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)