Friday, April 1, 2016
Interested in Adding Value to your Home?
Knowing which home improvements are most beneficial to make a statement in today's real estate market can really pay off. Keeping in mind that each upgrade will most likely help increase the value of your home when selling, now is a great time to learn the smartest options.
1. Declutter: Taking out the extra furnishings and accessories from a home has been estimated to be worth as much as $4000. This is truly a case where less is more. If you feel like you need a gentle nudge consider hiring a professional cleaning service or home staging company.
2. Landscaping: Even for those of us without a green thumb, adding plants and mulch helps improve first impressions. Costs are relatively low but the return value is high.
3. Fresh Paint: The smell of new paint sends visitors a message that the home has been improved. Choosing neutral colors that are currently fashionable can make living space more inviting.
4. DIY Projects: If you can do some handy work around the house, labor savings equal 100%. Consider trading out old faucets for modern nickle and steel models. Or how about adding wainscoting to at least a single wall for added value?
5. Updated Lighting: New lighting fixtures can brighten your home without breaking the bank. There are so many options to choose from that this is an easy way to add character and decoration.
6. New Furnishings: Prospective home buyers can be wowed by the look of great, affordable furniture. Impress them with a few new pieces of tasteful and comfy couches or chairs.
7. Pre-Inspection Inspection: Here's a home value hack you might not have thought about. Consider hiring an inspector before your home even hits the market. Particular mechanical or plumbing problems can be identified and fixed ahead of time.
Would you like to know the current value of your home? We would be happy to provide you with a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS. Give Keyvan and Stephanie a call today: 727-565-1658.
Additional home improvement ideas can be found at