Monday, February 6, 2017
Open House "Must Ask" Questions
When you are home hunting, there isn't a lot of room for error. It's quite different from passively window shopping. Open Houses present unique opportunities to sniff out hidden gems and ask plenty of questions. Take advantage of the chance to speak to the listing agent and get the inside scoop. Trulia came up with 10 important questions to help you be prepared.
1. How many offers have been made?
2. Has the asking price fluctuated?
3. Why do the sellers want to move?
4. How long has the property been on the market?
5. Are there any issues with the home?
6. When was the house last updated?
7. How much do utilities cost?
8. What's the seller's timeline?
9. where can I get a good bite to eat?
10. What are the neighbors like?
It can be so fun buying a new home and visiting multiple open houses. Don't get caught in the excitement and forget to look critically. Of course, the house will be stage, smell delicious, look bright and clean, but if this could be your future home, remember to dig deeply and ask questions.
Would you like information on upcoming Open Houses? Call Kohan and Associates at 727-565-1658 or check out our website at www.suncoasthome.com.